Saturday 26 January 2013

Thousand Island Sauce on Shrimp and Broccoli

I recently had an excellent lunch at Keung's Delight 強記雞粥. My mouth is salivating just thinking of the delicious dishes I had that day. In the past, I ordered Portuguese Style Chicken on Rice, Spaghetti Bolognese, or some kind of rice noodle or other. The flavours were nothing special; nothing to rave about nor complain about. I didn't find their food particularly tasty...until I started ordering the right dishes. I mean, there's so many patrons there all the time, surely there has to be a reason for that! And cheap isn't one of them, not that their food is considered pricey. So they must be doing something right with the food. Okay, enough talking, let's get down to the two dishes I realy, really enjoyed and that I will for sure order again when I go back. ^o^


This is the Thousand Island Sauce on Shrimp and Brocolli. So flavourful, so fresh and so mouthwateringly delicious! Maybe I am biased because I love broccoli regardless, but the shrimp was also really good with the Thousand Island sauce (which I had a love/hate relationship with until I realized that that's the exact sauce that's served with the Green Salad at Japanese Restaurants...! And then of course, from then on, it was only love). But anyway, back to the shrimp. Rest assured, they do not give you the cheapy dinky kind. You won't be disappointed. I want to buy it as take-out and pretend that I cooked it. It's THAT good.


Of course, you also need your carbs. And you won't go wrong if you order the Soft Shell Crab Fried Rice. It is fantastic. So good. Couldn't get enough of it.

But we were so stuffed. Between 2 people we had the above 2 dishes and a Spaghetti Bolognese (skip this) and a Mixed Fruit Drink (also skippable), which turned out to be Canned Fruit and Sprite. With it being $2.99, I should have probably guessed it wouldn't be one of those awesome special real fruit drinks. But anyway, we ended up finishing none and having to pack up all 3 dishes! Portions are HUGE! Go with at last 4 people if you are going to order more than 2 dishes. Hope you enjoy your experience when you go there. And if you've been there before, please share what other dishes are NOM-worthy in the comment section below! ت

1 comment: